Current & Upcoming Gigs
I am currently taking a pause to focus on the final stages of my doctorate thesis.
Music performance and collaboration opportunities are welcomed – please be in touch through the contact form. Please kindly note that there will be delays in responding to your email during this time. In the meantime, if you would like to hear some snippets from past gigs, they are below.
more snippets can be listened through my soundcloud
Music| Jazz Française
I have been actively performing since 2009, in Melbourne, as well as few performances overseas, in Montreal and Paris.
I have been very fortunate to have worked with wonderful jazz musicians, in Australia, Montreal and Paris. Currently, I am playing as a duo with Alistair McLean and at times as a trio with Tom Lee on double bass. Previous musicians I have collaborated with are Mark Fitzgibbon (piano), Bob Sedergreen (piano), Geoff Hughes (guitar), James Sherlock (guitar), Hugh Stuckey (guitar), Howard Cairns (double bass), Dominique Fillon (piano, Paris- France), Guillaume Martineau (piano, Montreal-Canada), Rafael Paseiro (bass, Paris-France), Jerson Ramos (percussion, Paris-France).
My repertoires are a mixture of jazz, bossanova and chanson Française.
I am influenced by Bill Evans, Edith Piaf, Jonathan Zwartz and Antonin Jobim.
Always open to collaboration and performance engagement opportunities.
Link to past gigs: https://www.reverbnation.com/sonyaveronica/shows
Selected Past Performance:
- 2022 Jazz in The Park, Woodland Park, Essendon – Sunday, 13th March 2022 from 1 to 1.45 pm. Quartet with Alistair Mclean (guitar), Tom Lee (double bass), Alex Spicer (drums).
- 2022 Centreway After Dusk, Centreway, Keilor East, Saturday, 19th March 2022 from 6.15 to 7 pm. Quartet with Mark Fitzgibbon (piano), Howard Cairns (double bass), Alex Spicer (drums).
- 2021 The Clocktower Centre Café, Recast 2021, Trio with Mark Fitzgibbon (piano), Howard Cairns (double bass) –Sunday, 21st November at 4.30 pm (new date from lockdown postponement in May and July) – part of The Clocktower Reopening Celebration’s free performances.
- 2021 (live-streamed) Live from the Clocktower, Duo with Alistair Mclean (guitar), Sunday, 17th November at 7 pm. Information on the link to live stream: https://clocktowercentre.com.au/live-from-the-clocktower/
- 2021 The Clocktower Centre Theatre, Recast 2021, Quintet with Alistair Mclean (guitar), Mark Fitzgibbon (piano), Howard Cairns (double bass), Alex Spicer (drums) – Saturday, 8th May, 9 pm.
- 2021 The Clocktower Centre, live-streamed Out Loud, with Alistair Mclean (guitar), Saturday, 13th March, 1.30 pm.
- 2020 Lido Jazz Room with Mark Fitzgibbon (piano), Howard Cairns (double bass) and Alex Spicer (drums) – Friday, 20th March, 8-10pm (our last gig before the pandemic restriction took place).
- 2020 Lido Jazz Room with Mark Fitzgibbon (piano), Howard Cairns (double bass) and Alex Spicer (drums) – Friday, 31st Jan, 8-10pm.
- 2019 Lido Jazz Room with Alistair Mclean (guitar), Tom Lee (double bass) and Alex Spicer (drums) – Debut – 1st Nov
- 2012 to 2019 – Lui Bar (Vue Du Monde) residency – Duo
- 2018 Swiss Festival at L’Alliance Française De Melbourne – Duo
- 2015 The Campari Bar, Melbourne – Quintet, 18th December
- 2014 La Generale, Paris – Improvisation Gig Session with Los Pistoleros Del Infinito, 20th August
- 2014 Paris Cat Jazz Club, Melbourne – Trio – Bill & I project (Bill Evans repertoire & compositions), 7th May
- 2013 Paris Cat Jazz Club, Melbourne – Guest vocalist – Bob Sedergreen’s Triple Treat Concert, 7th December
- 2013 CIBL101.5FM, Montreal, Canada – La Schubertiade de Temps Moderne, with Guillaume Martineau (piano), 27th October
- 2011 L’Alliance Française De Melbourne, St Kilda – guest vocalist – French Jazz Night by ISFAR (Institute For The Study of French Australian Relationship Inc), 14th Nov
- 2011 L’Alliance Française De Melbourne, St Kilda – Jeudi Jazzy – Quartet, 11 August
- 2011 Bennett’s Lane Jazz Club, Melbourne – guest vocalist, Dominique Fillon (from Paris, France) Quartet, 17th April